QSCad v3 - Expert's Corner - New Project Manager Features
Date: 1 Sep 2011
Synopsis: Version 3.10 saw a number of new and improved features added to the Project Manager.
New Project Manager Features
Version 3.10 saw a number of new and improved features added to the Project Manager
The Project Manager now includes the following new features:
- Working offline - this allows users working with a Desktop and data saved on a server to export selected drawings to a laptop for use outside of the office and then restore the data back to the server on return to the office.
- Merging Project Managers - Users who have multiple Project Managers can now merge these to a single Project Manager, this feature is particularly useful where the original system was setup using separate Project Managers for each user and now a central server based Project Manager is required allowing all users to access a single Project Manager.
- Drag and Drop - Users can now drag and Revisions etc. between Projects or Divisions etc.
- Improved Import - Improvements to the Import facility
- In-Use and Locked flags - Revisions now have individual flags showing which files are In-Use with other users and the ability to display who has the Revision open is available off the right mouse menu.
- When adding drawings and measurement files the system checks for non-standard characters which are not permitted.
- Where Font files are missing the system will now attempt to automatically substitute alternative font files.
- Improvements included for checking when Project Manager is no longer in the expected path.
- Short cut keys added to expand and collapse the Project Manager tree : Ctrl + and Ctrl -
- Option added from Right Mouse Menu to display who has drawing open.